Starting November 5 – November 20, 2018, The Boys & Girls Clubs of Martin County (BGCMC) will launch its first Mural Project. The project will feature South Florida artists and muralists at the Cole-Clark (Hobe Sound) and Bill & Barbara Whitman (Indiantown) Clubs.
All murals and proposed works of art must underscore 1 or more of the following priority themes:
• Healthy Lifestyles
• Good Character and Citizenship
• Academic Success
Sub-themes include: Empowerment, Social Justice, and Reputable Historic Figures.
Project Contact: Submit all questions and inquiries to [email protected]
11500 SE Lares Avenue
Hobe Sound, FL 33475
Bill and Barbara Whitman Club
17375 SW Palm Beach Street
Indiantown, FL 34956
Scope: The following locations at both clubs have been designated for murals:
o Bill and Barbara Whitman Club Gymnasium (each façade measures 95 feet)
o Cole-Clark Club Gymnasium (each façade measures 80 feet)
o 4 façades or 8 half-façades are available at each club
o Cole-Clark Club
External Walls (each bay measures approximately 15 feet)
4 bays available
o Bill and Barbara Whitman Club
8 Stone framed wall canvases available of varying sizes.
Artists’ Submissions: From October 8 – 26, 2018, The Boys & Girls Clubs of Martin County will accept submissions for proposed murals. Submission should consist of a draft/proposed artistic concept.
The concept should be sent to [email protected] and include the bulleted items below. Submissions that do not include all of the items below will not receive consideration.
• The artist’s full name
• Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram handles (usernames)
• Phone number
• Location for the proposed mural (Cole-Clark Club in Hobe Sound AND/OR Bill and Barbara Whitman Club in Indiantown)
• Link to a portfolio (if available)
Artists’ Selection: Upon review of proposed submissions, BGCMC will contact selected artists the week of October 29, 2018 via email.
Terms of Participation/Selection: Artists who are selected for the project will receive a nominal fee of $1,000 for their work. 8 – 10 artists will be selected. BGCMC will purchase NEW materials and supplies. BGCMC has selected the following stores as approved vendors:
• Home Depot 3030 SE Federal Hwy, Stuart, FL 34994
• Lowe’s 3620 SE Federal Hwy, Stuart, FL 34997
• Easel Art Supply 810 Park Ave, Lake Park, FL 33403
• Hobby Lobby 3255 NW Federal Hwy, Jensen Beach, FL 34957
• Artists must complete their murals between November 5 – November 20, 2018.
• Outdoor murals can be painted from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
• Artwork for the gymnasiums can only be painted from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
BGCMC will rent lifts and scaffolds for the exterior projects.
No exceptions: All artists must complete their projects by 3pm on Tuesday, November 20, 2018.
You may consider a modest donation — however much you can afford, when it comes from the heart, it’s the kind of gesture that makes us warm with appreciation.