Respected international multi-disciplinary art event, taking place every year in Denmark.
Call for submissions to create mural at Art Jam 2019, Højer, Denmark. Deadline 21st April
Apply at: https://artjam.dk/apply-mural.php
Rules of the mural part
1. The mural part of Art Jam in Højer is organized by the association: “Højer Art Jam”, Skolegade 1, DK – 6280 Højer in Denmark.
2. Each artist will be provided with a wall approximately 260 cm x 800 cm. The artist should make a mural on the provided wall. The painting is to be carried out by one artist only.
3. Each participating artist must bring their own specific tools.
Paint, brushes, ladder, scaffolding and shelter in case of rain, will be provided by the organization.
4. Placing of each artist will be decided by the organization, based on the walls versus sketches.
5. The artist work outside at his/her own risk. The working time will be from 08.00 o’clock – 18.00 o’clock.
6. The use of noisy machines will only be permitted between 09.00 o’clock – 12.00 o’clock and 13.00 o’clock – 17.00 o’clock, unless otherwise agreed with the organization.
7. The murals must be created at the allocated piece wall or whole wall as discussed with the organization. It is allowed to use other materials, brought to the site by the artist him/herself. The artist cannot expect any help from the organizers to find or make these other materials. It is not allowed to move the painting process from the allocated place.
8. The motif of the murals is at the artist’s own option, though it has to fit the theme: “WIND, SEA, EARTH & SKY”. Through the application form we will ask you to make an explanation to your idea, stating how the motif fits the above written theme.
9. The murals created at Art Jam in Højer belong to the organization. Each participating artist will be paid an amount of DKK 500,- upon arrival and € 500,- by departure time. Furthermore each participating artist will receive traveling help: € 100 – for artists from Europe and € 200 for artists from outside of Europe.
The artists are obliged to be available for photographing at the murals and during events without payment.
10. The association: “Højer Art Jam” will invite mural artists to participate.
11. The right to all records, films or photographs (including internet) for commercial purpose is reserved for the association: ‘Højer Art Jam”.
12. Please send us your application form before 21st April 2019.
13. A sketch for the proposed mural must be uploaded with the application form, as the selection will exclusively be made out from your proposal(s). A short description of the mural(s) and how the fit the theme ‘WIND, SEA, EARTH & SKY’ is needed. Applications without illustrations will not be accepted. Only send the proposal(s) you want to make at Art Jam in Højer 2019.
14. The mural part of Art Jam in Højer will be open from 16th June 2018 at 12.00 o’clock until Sunday 23th June 2019 at 14.00 o’clock.
15. Free board and lodging for the participating artists will be provided by the organization. Personal extras, telephone, drinks etc. will be at the participating artists own expense. Accommodation is reserved from the day before the start (15th of June 2019) and until the day after the ending (24th of June 2019).
16. Please inform us of the names of any people who may accompany you, (on a limited scale there will be accommodations for companions). The companion(s) will have to pay for his/her own board and lodging.
Adults: Price for board and lodging, DKK 2.000,-.
Children: Price for board and lodging, DKK 1.000,-.
17. Hope to see you at Art Jam!
Rules at: https://artjam.dk/apply-mural.php?page=rules