Its a festive week and we ve managed to get closer to one of our favourite Berliner underground street artists! FLOCKE, like many, started with spraying and implemented his ideas and visions in graffiti. Today, he is a dedicated ”cut-out”, or paste up artist. His aim is to touch by passers with his works and uses strong images full of emotions and symbolisms! Lets see what he replies to our Christmas season Interview!
(ISSA) – Hey Flocke, what will you be having to drink?
(Flocke) – Coffee or Beer!
– Where does your tag name come from?
– My friends call me flocke (snowflake) because I did artworks for snowboard-fashion however i consider myself a street artist.
– How did it all start for you, and what is it nowadays?
– As a teenager I was intrested in art/design and graffiti, and ofcourse I sprayed alot as a kid. Nowadays I do mainly paste ups in the streets, while i also visit art-festivals. I also do some canvases occasionaly…..
-What is the first thing you do when you get up in the morning and what Music do you listen to?
– Well in the morning i usually get myself some Coffee and read my mails! Regarding music, i prefer Electro House which i feel would also accompany my works well too!
-In all forms of art, inspiration is crucial. What is that inspires you?
– My main inspiration is derived by Everyday Life! The Urban lifestyle that is in my case which also includes industrial styles, streetwear, society behaviour and ofcourse the internet.
-Before going to paint, what is on your check list to take along?
– I always take along my Backpack, a bucket, a brush and a cell phone headset!
– Do you have an artist you admire and why is it?
– That would surely have to be El bocho, he governed the city (Berlin) 😉
-Which cities do you think are the most inspirational in Street Art?
– Not sure but i am certain that my hometown, Berlin, is in the first line… 😉
-Do you have other passions apart from art?
– I do like to listen to music… but i m not creating it…
-What is your wildest project that you dream of achieving some day?
– I would love to make a road trip tour around Europe with my girlfriend by car. Making art in a lot of European cities is a very exciting idea, but i would prefer to do art on old abandoned places / ruins… All that afterwards would be wrighten and printed on a Book. It would be the Book about the tour!…
-Does your art include symbolisms, messages or repeated patterns?
I do sometimes make fun about a company and their behavior … I place little jokes in the streets and the people will laugh about it…
My Style contains a symbolism in my more serious artworks. They are the recurring eyes of my characters … they are all infected with FLOCKE//ART. It looks similar to a war paint in the face …
-What is your reaction when you realise someone has vandalised your creation?
In the streets this is normal…. It doesnt bother me, my street art is only for a short time, i know that.
However in some situations it does make me angry. In case its covered by Livepaint-action by events and such!
-What do you think people first think or feel when they see one of your works on the street?
– They lough… (I hope)
– If you were a president what would you change in this world?
– Try to make the world more fair. (between poor and rich) – (I don’t know)
-Do you have any interesting creative plans for the future?
– I am planning to do a t- shirt collection soon. And ofcourse attend festivals festivals and more festivals.
– It’s been great to get to know more about you Flocke, we will keep supporting your inspiring works!
‘’I Support Street Art’’ team.
Check out more of his works on FLOCKE//ART gallery
or follow his work on Facebook.