The objective of exhibition Lotus is to present an artistic intervention aiming to sensitize the public to women’s rights, gender equality and female genital mutilation and to turn these issues into subjects of discussion. By promoting an intercultural exchange between international as well as national artists, we would like to give an opportunity to express opinions through art and to critically analyze and discuss social dogmas. Therefore, we offer a variety of pieces of applied and contemporary art focusing on and pointing out abuses.
50% of the money earned from the pieces that will be sold is going to be donated to an institution that aims to raise awareness of and prevent female genital mutilation. The institution has been chosen by the artists.
The finissage on the 21.10.2018 includes a film premiere with Jaha’s Promise, a panel discussion combined with an exhbition.
Doors Open: 19.00
Presentation and opening – charity Launch
20.30 Group exhibition opening
with more than 50 international artists
21.30 Live music by Elena Shirin Zoé
23.00 – 24.30 Dj Yung Juice aka BeNny KL
Lotus seeks to raise awareness for Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and Female Genital Cutting (FGC) by using street art and art in public spaces as media that reaches people worldwide.
It`s an collaborative arts project to raise awareness of diffrent kinds of diseases, with the help of artists. We want to be a Plattform to support charities.
”Because a picture says more than words”.
The project deals with the sensitive issue Female Genital Mutilation. We firmly believe that education is the solution for fighting against genital mutilation and this can contribute to a social Change.
Our plan is to raise awareness for this issue and fight against FGM with a global street art campaign.
Lotus invites all artists to create art to raise awareness for FGM.
By participating in the event you agree to the publication of photos that are created during the event.
Mit der Teilnahme an der Veranstaltung stimmst du der Veröffentlichung von Fotos, die im Rahmen der Veranstaltung entstehen, zu.
BEHIND THE NAME:
– The lotus flower as a sign of love
- The lotus flower is one of the most profound symbols in the world and has always been a symbol of perfection, love and enlightenment in various cultures.
– We have chosen this symbol because it is a:
– symbol of preciousness, the lotus blossom represents the delicate sexual organ
– symbol for longing for love, a new beginning in life or true inner beauty
– the symbol of purity and unaffectedness
– the symbol of (divine) birth and perfection
– the symbol of rebirth and preciousness
– symbol of the Creation and the universe in Religion
– The colourfulness of our lotus stands for diversity and at the same time for the beautiful colourful world we live in.