The theme of the 5th edition of Sibiu International Street ART Festival is #OPENNESS, so release your mind, creativity and give your best to be part of SIBIU STREET ART TOUR .
The first 10 selected works (mural, installations, sculptures, performances) will be implemented on walls or public spaces in Sibiu, Romania. Between 1 and 7 July 2019.
The deadline for entries is 5 May 2019.
The following must be submitted:
1. The filled-out registration form, which should include the artist’s name and contact details;
2. A finalized detailed sketch of the work in appliance with the theme – #Openness, accompanied by a max. 10 lines description. The sketch must be photographed or scanned at a resolution of 300 dpi in .jpeg format.
1. The filled-out registration form should be submitted with digital photos and the rest of the required information on www.streetartfestival.ro
2. The submission deadline is 5th of May, 2019. No application will be accepted after the deadline.
3. The data from the selected participants (statements, photographs of works) will be used in the promotional materials of the event.
4. The artist is responsible for the submitted information.
5. The decisions of the selection committee are final.
6. The information regarding the selection will be posted in advance on the website: http://www.streetartfestival.ro and on our Facebook page.
After the project assessment, 10 artists will be selected to execute their work at the festival. The size may vary depending on available walls or locations established by Sibiu City Hall and other partners. Artists will be supplied with working materials and conditions.
Sibiu International Street Art Festival (SISAF) – the most extensive step to revitalize the urban space in Sibiu, Romania – announces the 5th edition, which will take place during 1st and 7th of July 2019, and also the beginning of the street art projects selection.
This year, the artists will gather their inspiration for their projects regarding the theme #OPENNESS, which proposes thinking outside the box, being open to the other people and cooperating.
➡ The projects can be submitted by completing the online form on the website www.streetartfestival.ro until May 5th 2019.
Ten projects that will be selected by the festival judges – murals, art installations, sculptures – will be implemented and admired by the locals and tourists during the following years, becoming a part of Sibiu Street Art Tour. These new projects will be added to the festival’s collection that holds 67 murals made by far and 5.700 square meters of color that covers the grey walls of schools, highschools, blocks of flats or other buildings around the city.
Sibiu International Street ART Festival is unique in the world because of the most ample Street Art Tour implemented on the walls of the education institutions. Being at the same time an alternative tourism version, all the murals that were made during the five editions are marked in a map which is being distributed free of charge in hotels, accommodation spaces and info points for tourists. Sibiu Street Art Tour can be traveled by bicycle in approximately 3 hours, be it individually or as a guided tour.